So far this year, the questions have been light-hearted.
- Where did you come from?
- Draw a self-portrait.
- What organizations might you join?
- Right now, what are you feeling?
- Draw a picture of your pet(s)
- Is feminism relevant today? Why/why not?
- What inspires you?
- Power is...
- How have you changed since high school?
- Syrian refugees: What should we do?
- What meal from home do you miss most?
- Why are fewer Americans believing God, praying daily, and attending religious services?
Responses have been thoughtful, offended, offending, encouraging, insensitive, creative, and humorous. Forums like this, where you can respond with casualness and some guarantee of anonymity can be freeing and I hope you'll respond with candor, grace, and a willingness to learn from the experiences of others on campus.
If you've ever entered the 2nd floor entrance to the library, you've seen this board in front of the east stairway. If you've ever wanted to post a question--or if your student organization has ever wanted to post a prompt--please know that we in the library encourage you to send your ideas to Paige [underscore] Mann [at] redlands [dot] edu or add them to the board when asked. I'll soon use the board to ask for suggestions.
Physical Sciences Librarian