Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Rate Your Date Raffle results, pt. 1: Blind Date With a Book 2013 (BDWB13)

Armacost Library extends congratulations to the winners of the Rate Your Date Raffle held in conjunction with Blind Date With a Book 2013!

Our raffle winners have agreed to speak a little bit about themselves and their love of reading. Featured here are three of our six winners.

Marie Kenna, Class of 2013 
Marie Kenna ('13) writes:

"I'm a senior double-majoring in Business Administration and Economics, and I LOVE reading. (I originally came in to the UoR as an English major; now I work in the library.) I'm friends with one of our wonderful librarians via Facebook, so I knew a little bit about the "Blind Date with a Book" event the day before it started. When I walked in to work the next morning and saw all the books covered in paper, I was intrigued by the captions on many of the covers, and decided to take a chance myself. I was excited to end up with A Tale of Two Cities, as I've been wanting to read Charles Dickens for some time, and it didn't disappoint! It was well worth the good read. I always love the chance to fall in love with a good book; if I'd had more time, I definitely would have read multiple books through this event!"







Angel Nguyen, Class of 2016
Angel Nguyen ('16) is a Communicative Disorders major, with a minor in Psychology. She had a blind date with the book Guru Cigarettes by Patricia Geary. Angel is a frequent user of Armacost Library, so found out about Blind Date With a Book 2013 (BDWB13) by seeing the book displays on the second floor. Angel is an avid reader and would love to see more descriptions on future Blind Date With a Book items.















Dr. Bill Huntley, Department of Religious Studies
Dr. Bill Huntley (Professor, Religious Studies Dept.) is a beloved and frequent patron of Armacost Library. He got The Complete Sonnets and Poems by William Shakespeare, and two other books, during our BDWB13 campaign. Dr. Huntley was pleased to revisit books and literature he has long loved but had forgotten about.















Congratulations to all of our Rate Your Date raffle winners! And many, many thanks to our program partners: Sigma Tau Delta, University of Redlands Campus Diversity & Inclusion, and Department of English.


Melissa I. Cardenas-Dow
Outreach/Behavioral Sciences Librarian
Armacost Library, University of Redlands
909.748.8089
Melissa_Cardenasdow@redlands.edu

No comments :